Sonata progress continued

With the Amadeus stitches sorted out, I worked on some background stitches.

Sonata Bargello

I really loved the Bargello as I was stitching it, and was very tempted to leave parts of the pattern unstitched since I loved the shape it was creating. But I went ahead and evened it out. I think I’ll make the suggestion when I teach it that parts of it can be left unstitched if the students like the shapes as much as I did.

I also added some Victorian step pattern between the Amadeus stitches. This is one of my favorite background stitches, because it conveys movement with straight stitches. I used floss and satin floss for the background, to add texture without adding too much color.

It’s coming along, the end is in sight!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.