A symphony is an elaborate musical composition for full orchestra, and our Symphony in needlework is an elaborate composition for all stitching maestros!
We’re pleased to partner with Shining Needle Society again to offer Symphony, an exciting project with multiple textures of threads and stitching patterns to create a harmonious composition. The thread list is extensive, including cotton flosses, pearl cottons, metallic braids, silk/metallic braids, rayon ribbons and overdyed heavy cotton, about 30 threads in total, with more than 40 different stitches in the project.
Watch the video for a brief introduction to Symphony:
What can you expect with a class from DebBee’s Designs? Symphony includes:
- printed instruction book of more than 200 pages with large diagrams and thorough written instructions,
- weekly online lessons for 8 weeks,
- video stitch demonstrations to play on demand as needed
- weekly Zoom sessions to enhance all the other resources.
Choose from two different color ways: Autumn (sandstone canvas with browns, oranges, topaz and a touch of deep purple) or Winter (white canvas with white, silver, gray, purples and bright pinks)
The kit contents include 18-count canvas with taped edges, cut size 16” x 16”; a huge variety of threads (about 30); a printed instruction booklet of more than 200 pages; size 22 and size 18 tapestry needles. Design size is 10” x 10”, 180 x 180 stitches on 18 ct. mono deluxe canvas.
Students will need 2 pairs of 16” stretcher bars, tacks or staples, usual stitching supplies, laying tool.
Recommended for stitchers very comfortable with counting and reading charts, but novice stitchers will have plenty of help if they want to tackle this project!
Our online class includes:
- Video stitch demonstrations, illustrating the more complex stitches, which can be viewed on demand, as often as needed
- Posted weekly lessons to supplement the printed instructions
- Weekly Zoom sessions on Tuesday mornings at 10 a.m. Central. Zoom sessions will be recorded to be available for those who can’t join the live sessions
- Dedicated groups.io classroom, for sharing pictures, questions, and additional resources, plus dialogue with class members and instructor
Important class dates for the Symphony class are as follows:
Now through June 30, 2022 — registration open
June 30, 2022 — last day for registration
Tentative class dates (depends on receiving supplies and shipping kits) September 19 through November 22, 2022 — online class (8 weeks, one lesson per week; live Zoom sessions weekly — sessions are recorded for anyone who can’t make the scheduled time. Lessons are on TUESDAYS.)
Class officially ends after 8 weeks, but groups.io classroom remains open indefinitely for questions and followup.
- Choose from a complete kit, instructions with canvas, instructions only (you provide your own supplies), or audit:
- Class with complete kit (includes canvas, threads, needles and instructions): $245 Kits will be mailed approximately the first week of September
- Class with instructions plus 16” x 16” canvas (sandstone or white): $141 Will ship immediately
- Class with instructions only: $124 Will ship immediately
- Audit: $60 (The audit option is for students who have previously taken this class at another venue or if you already have a kit. Nothing is mailed to you since you already have the class kit.)
- All options include the online class via Groups.io, optional Zoom sessions and access to Debbie’s video stitch diagrams.
Residents of Oklahoma will be charged Oklahoma state sales tax.