Available after September 2023
The mermaid, satisfied that her treasure is safely hidden beneath a coral reef, swims away to collect more.
- Express creativity with stitches and placement
- Work with various stitches and thread textures
- Explore different materials to create the project
- Develop confidence in working with various materials
- Learn techniques for starting and stopping threads
- Experience random placement of elements without fear
The Mermaid’s Treasure features a treasure chest filled with gold and jewels, surrounded by other sea treasures. The reef sparkles with light from above, with several sea plants growing on the reef. The Mermaid’s Treasure is a companion to The Mermaid’s Tale.
Stitches include Bargello, diagonal mosaic, offset oblong tied cross, ruching, and couching.
|Duration||2 day class for basic to intermediate stitchers|
|Kit Materials||18 ct. mono deluxe canvas, French blue, painted and line drawn; Painter's Threads in braided cotton, 6 strand cotton floss,
single loop rayon, #4 and #8 metallic braids; Dinky Dyes stranded silk flosses; Rainbow Gallery Silk Lame' Braids; seashells, round sequins,
pearl beads, crystals and shell sequins; size 22 tapestry needles, chenille and beading needles
|Size||8" x 8" on 18 ct canvas, 144 x 144|
|Student Supplies||2 pairs 14" stretcher bars with tacks or staples; scissors; laying tool; magnification and lighting if needed|