Angles is a striking project with enduring interest and popularity, so we’re offering it as an online class. The design size is 10” x 10” square on 18 ct. pewter mono canvas, 180 x 180 stitches. Recommended for intermediate and advanced stitchers – you need to be comfortable reading charts! But, we always have relatively new stitchers in this class, and we’ll help you throughout, with large diagrams, video stitch demonstrations and Zoom sessions each week of the class.
We emphasize developing a natural stitching rhythm while you learn to execute complex stitches without constantly referring to the stitch diagrams. This project employs several different textures of cotton and metallic threads, and we show you how to use them.
Angles was designed in a grayscale color way with red as the accent color, although you may change the accent color if you want (red threads come with the kit, we’ll advise you on which threads to change on your own if you want a different accent color).
- The instruction book is 145 pages, with additional large tabloid charts
- More than 15 video stitch demonstrations to review whenever and as many times as you wish
- Zoom sessions will be weekly on Tuesdays, 10 a.m. Central time, and will be recorded for review later if you have conflict with the time. However, the Zoom sessions are an added benefit and not essential for completing the project.
- There will be a dedicated online classroom in groups.io specifically for this class.
- Questions can be sent via email at any time, or can be posted in the dedicated classroom.
- Angles is only offered in a class settings
- 16″ x 16″ pewter 18 ct. mono deluxe canvas with taped edges
- DMC pearl cottons, cotton flosses and rayon flosses
- Caron Collection Watercolours
- Kreinik #4, #8 and #12 metallic braids
- Rainbow Gallery Silk Lame’ Braids and Neon Rays
- Instruction book
- Size 22 and 18 tapestry needles
You will need to supply 2 pairs of 16″ stretcher bars with tacks or staples, laying tool, scissors and other usual stitching supplies.
There are several options for participating in this Angles class:
- Full kit – includes canvas, all threads, needles and instruction book, access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation, all class fees and postage – $240.00 (anticipated shipping last week of February 2022)
- Chart with canvas – includes canvas, instruction book, access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation, all class fees and postage – $127.50 (will ship immediately)
- Chart only – includes instruction book, access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation, all class fees and postage, $112.50 (will ship immediately)
- International shipping additional $30 for Canada, $45 for other destinations
Class is scheduled to begin March 8, 2022, and conclude April 26.
Supplies have been ordered for only 36 kits. Order promptly to insure your choice for the class!