Circles in a variety of sizes dance across the canvas in this challenging project.
Circle Dance features smooth spider web, round Rhodes, layered Jessicas and other stitches – 4 trip herringbone, brick, Parisian, Hungarian, Scotch, Byzantine, Milanese, detached buttonhole and couching.
The sponge painted canvas provides more textural and visual interest for the open background stitches. All canvases will be slightly different than pictured because they are hand painted.
What will you learn?
- Learn how to start and stop threads using pin stitches and loop starts, useful for every stitching project
- Emphasis is on developing a natural stitching rhythm, so you can stitch with more ease and enjoyment
- Lots of interaction with Debbie and other students in the class – we learn from each other!
Stitchers may order a complete kit with sponge painted canvas and threads, sponge painted canvas only, blank canvas or instructions only to create your own color way.
- 18 ct. mono deluxe sandstone canvas, sponge painted with taped edges, cut size 16″ x 16″
- Caron Collection Watercolours
- Presencia #8 pearl cotton
- DMC cotton flosses
- DMC #5 pearl cottons
- Kreinik #8 Braids
- Size 22 tapestry needles
Students will need 2 pairs of 16″ stretcher bars, tacks or staples, and usual stitching supplies (scissors, laying tool, magnification, etc.).
Design size is 180 x 180, about 10″ x 10″ square
Circle Dance employs several thread textures, including Caron Collection Watercolours, DMC #5 pearl cottons, Presencia #8 pearl cotton, DMC flosses and Kreinik #8 braids.
Recommended for stitchers very comfortable with counting and reading charts; if you’re new to counted canvas we’ll help you every step of the way.
Our online class includes:
- Weekly Zoom sessions on Thursday mornings at 10 a.m. US Central time zone; Zoom sessions are a bonus and not essential for taking the class. All Zoom sessions will be recorded and added to a private showcase for class members only.
- Weekly lessons posted with diagrams
- Video stitch demonstrations
Weekly lessons and Zoom sessions will provide additional information, and face-to-face time allows the opportunity to ask questions. Printed charts and instructions come with your kit.
Important class dates for Circle Dance:
- Registration open now and continues until start of class.
- Anticipated class start date is March 16.
- Class is scheduled to conclude after 6 sessions, approximately April 2.
- Kits will be sent immediately after order is placed; kits are limited so order early if you want a complete kit.
Options for Circle Dance
- Full kit – includes sponge painted canvas, all threads, needles, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $150 (shipment immediately when order is received)
- Chart with sponge painted canvas – includes canvas, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $115 (should ship immediately)
- Chart with plain sandstone canvas – includes plain canvas with taped edges, instruction book, access to videos and Zoom session, class participation; all class fees and postage – $105 (ships immediately)
- Chart only – includes instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $90.00 (ships immediately)
- Audit – for those who have previously taken Circle Dance in another venue, nothing will be sent; includes access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation – $40
Supplies have been ordered for a limited number of kits, so order promptly to insure you get a kit if desired!