Are you ready to create your own counted canvas design? Explore and Design is a guided exercise in creativity, that will help you with all aspects of designing your own project.
This is a very intensive hands-on class, with lots of resources to assist you as you create:
- A printed instruction book, with introductions to stitches, elements of design, tips on choosing colors and threads, etc.
- Online resources in the groups.io classroom
- Weekly Zoom sessions and small group sessions during the 6 week course
You will select your own threads and colors, so no kit will be sent with the class.
This inaugural class will be limited to 20 participants, to provide the small group and individual instruction to guide you as you develop your design.
The weekly Zoom sessions will cover:
- Resources – participants should be very well versed in using groups.io, and video conferencing, such as Zoom, Google Meets, Teams, etc.
- Stitches – background stitches, satin stitches, crossed and tied stitches, large motif stitches, and more
- Color – choosing colors and developing a palette for your design
- Design principles – techniques for creating your design, suggestions for balance, etc.
- Threads – choosing threads and stitches for your design
- Final presentation – share with the class your progress!
In addition to the instructor led Zoom sessions, participants will be divided into small groups of 4, to collaborate with each other, affirm design choices, bounce ideas off each other, etc. At least one small group session in the first two weeks, and one small group session in the final two weeks, will include the instructor.
The online resources will include pages of stitch outlines, that can be cut out and placed on a graph, as you develop your design – you won’t have to draw everything on the graph but can use the prepared stitch outlines as you choose.
Now through February 25, 2024 – registration; when the class limit of 20 participants is reached registration will close
March 14 – April 18 – weekly instructor led Zoom session, Thursdays at 7 p.m. Central. Sessions will be recorded, but every effort should be made to participate in the Zoom sessions. Class dates may change, depending on registration, but students will be well-informed.
The printed instructions will be sent as you register.
I hope you’ll join me for this fun and creative class!