Fantasia was first offered at American Needlepoint Guild National Seminar in 2021, and we’re excited to offer it now through Shining Needle Society!
Fantasia includes fans, fans and more fans, in an eye-popping color scheme on black canvas. The center motif is a large Chilly Hollow stitch, and fans are layered around the center, then accented with Amadeus stitches, more fans, crescents, Jessicas and Smyrnas. You will become a pro with these colorful twisty stitches as you create this dramatic design.
What will you learn?
- Learn how to start and stop threads using pin stitches and loop starts, useful for every project you encounter
- Approach complex decorative stitches with confidence as you learn the simple steps to building them, one stitch at a time
- Lots of interaction with Debbie and other students in the class – we learn from each other!
Choose a kit for this project so you can create it just like the model, or choose your own colors for a totally unique design.
The kit contents include 18-count black or white (please specify black or white when you order) canvas with taped edges, cut size14” x 14”; Caron Collection Watercolours; DMC #8 pearl cotton and cotton flosses; Kreinik #8 and #12 Braids; size 22 tapestry needles.
Students will need 2 pairs of 14” stretcher bars, tacks or staples, usual stitching supplies, laying tool.
Design size is 8” x 8”, 180 x 180 stitches on 18 ct. mono deluxe canvas.
Recommended for stitchers very comfortable with counting and reading charts.
Our online class includes access to video stitch demonstrations, weekly lessons posted with diagrams, plus Zoom sessions on Tuesday mornings at 10 a.m. Central. (Zoom sessions are a bonus and not essential for taking the class; sessions will be recorded and added to the showcase of video stitch demonstrations for those who aren’t able to participate in the Zoom sessions.) Video stitch demonstrations illustrate the complex stitches, so stitchers can tackle something new without trepidation. Weekly lessons and Zoom sessions will provide additional information, and face-to-face time gives you opportunity to ask questions. Printed charts and instructions come with your kit.
Important class dates for the Fantasia class are as follows:
- Now through March 14, 2022 — registration open
- March 14, 2022 — last day for registration
- May10 through June 14, 2022 — online class (6 weeks, one lesson per week; live Zoom sessions weekly — sessions are recorded for anyone who can’t make the scheduled time. Lessons are on Tuesday.)
Class officially ends on June 14, 2022, but classroom remains open indefinitely for questions and follow-up.
- Choose from a complete kit, instructions with canvas, instructions only (you provide your own supplies), or audit:
- Complete kit (includes black or white canvas threads, needles and instructions): $140
- Chart only: $104
- Chart plus canvas (black or white): $121
- Audit: $50 (The audit option is for students who have previously taken this class at another venue or if you already have a kit. Nothing is mailed to you since you already have the class kit.)
All options include the online class via Groups.io, optional Zoom sessions and access to the video stitch diagrams.
Residents of Oklahoma will be charged Oklahoma state sales tax.
Payment will be collected upon registration, but kits will not be shipped for 6-8 weeks. Chart only and chart with canvas will be shipped as soon as possible.