Mended Heart borrows from the Japanese tradition of kintsugi, repairing broken things with gold, not to hide the repair but to make it a part of the object’s history.
Our heart features four “broken” areas, stitch with red and gold silk threads. Mosaic stitch, quilted stitch, kennan stitch, and a composite of “unwoven” cross with cross stitches, accented with French knots fill the four areas. The border is stitched with red Silk Lame’ Braid gobelin squares and gold Glisten scotch stitches. The broken lines are couched with Kreinik Jaceron #5, and the entire heart is framed with a twisted cord made from the threads in the piece.
The kit includes a line-drawn canvas, 18 ct. white mono, 8″ x 8″, with taped edges; full cards of Rainbow Gallery Splendor in two colors, Silk Lame’ Braid and Glisten; Kreinik Jaceron #5 pearl purl, 9.75″, and 2 size 22 Tapestry Needles.
Complete instructions are in the book, with diagrams, stitching tips, and finishing suggestions!
Kit cost is $32.25 plus $7.75 for Priority Mail postage!
(Payment will be processed when order is ready to ship)
About Kit of the Month:
DebBee’s Designs Kit of the Month 2021!
- Each project is a stand alone project, although they would probably be great in a group!
- Each project is the same size, about 4″ x 4″ when stitched
- Purchase only the projects you want – each kit will be available throughout the year, not just in the month released
- New projects release on the first of every month
- Projects are complete kits – canvas, all threads, embellishments, needles (stretcher bars not included, but you’ll need the same size for each project, 2 pairs of 8″ bars)
- Projects will include different techniques each month, sometimes a line drawn canvas, sometimes embellishments, each project will be different!