As the weather gets warmer, we see signs of spring everywhere we look. The days are sunnier and longer, and early spring flowers begin to appear.
Our April Kit of the Month plays on the colors of spring – yellow, pink and orange. Yellow daffodils, pink and orange azaleas, day lilies, all welcome spots of color as our gardens begin to green.
Our design centers on a large double fan doubled, surrounded with a double border of bound crosses with a Hungarian background.
The kit includes an 8″ x 8″ square of mono deluxe white canvas with taped edges, Treenway Silks Harmony 201 Golden Aspen, Zen Shin 36 Sun Dance, Shinju 959 Fireweed and Shinju 320 Hot Flash. We’ve included a little extra of the Zen Shin 36 because it took just a touch more than a full skein. We’ve also included 2 size 22 needles and 1 size 18 needle, with full instructions.
Do double fan doubleds scare you? Don’t worry – you can do it! And, to help we’ve put step by step videos on our YouTube channel. You can follow along to see exactly how I start and stop threads, how to count, and every step of the double fan doubled. Look for the Sunny Spring Playlist.
(Payment will be processed when order is ready to ship)
We also have a finishing kit so you can finish as shown, and a display stand to show off your finished project.
About this year’s Kit of the Month:
- Each design is a counted canvas needlepoint design
- Each design will include a large motif, a background stitch and a border stitch, in a 4″ x 4″ finished size
- Finishing instructions are included with the stitching instructions
- Purchase only the projects you want – each kit will be available through the year, not just in the month released
- New projects will release close to the first of every month
- Projects are complete kits – canvas, threads, embellishments, needles (stretcher bars not included but you’ll need the same size for each project, 2 pairs of 8″ stretcher bars)
- Each project is a stand alone project