When the winds start to blow, and the snow starts to fly, and icicles adorn the house, it’s time to snuggle into your favorite chair with a great book (or needlepoint!) in front of the fireplace. The picture is complete with a decadent cup of hot chocolate, with whipped cream and marshmallows, all warm and cozy!
Our December kit features a beautiful mug of hot chocolate, with piles of whipped cream and marshmallows. Our mug has a candy cane handle, and a snowflake design.
I designed the mug to resemble the holiday dishes my daughter uses. She loves to use festive dishes, and the set includes tall mugs, light blue with snowflakes. There’s something comforting about drinking coffee or hot chocolate in those beautiful mugs, and my thoughts naturally turned to my daughter’s holiday dishes when I designed this project.
The mug is a simple pavilion diamonds pattern, overstitched with random modified Dutch stitch. The handle of the mug is a padded satin stitch, with ruched “whipped cream” and French knot marshmallows.
The December kit includes a screen printed canvas, 8″ x 8″ Victorian Green 18 ct. mono deluxe with taped edges; full cards of Rainbow Gallery Frosty Rays Y217 White Pearl Ice, Petite Frosty Rays PY071 Christmas Red Gloss, Petite Very Velvet V602 White, Mandarin Floss M902 Sky Blue and Silk Lame’ Braid SL02 White, and 2 size 22 tapestry needles.
About this year’s Kit of the Month:
- Each design is a counted canvas needlepoint design, some with line drawn canvas
- Each design finishes to a 4″ x 4″ square
- Finishing instructions are included with the stitching instructions
- Purchase only the projects you want – each kit will be available through the year, not just in the month released
- New projects release close to the first of every month
- Projects are complete kits – canvas, threads, embellishments, needles (stretcher bars not included but you’ll need the same size for each project, 2 pairs of 8″ stretcher bars)
- Each project is a stand alone project