Purple is the color associated with passion, and for those who are passionate about purple, this project is for you!
Our February Kit of the Month features an Amadeus heart motif, surrounded by pavilion diamonds for the background and Rhodes hearts for the border. Silk seemed the obvious choice for this design, so I used Dinky Dyes 1900d Silk Perle and 2 colors of silk floss.
Note: the silk floss used for the model is a different dye lot than the silk in the kit (a quirk of using hand dyed threads); for the model the silk floss has more pink in it, but for the kit it’s a more subtle blend of purples and white with just a hint of pink.
The kit includes an 8″ x 8″ square of 18 ct. mono deluxe pewter canvas with taped edges, Dinky Dyes 1900d Silk Perle in Dragon Fruit (don’t you love the name!), Dinky Dyes stranded silk in Fuchsia and Orchid, and a size 22 tapestry needle. Of course there are complete instructions included.
Check out our step by step videos on our YouTube channel! Even if you’ve never stitched counted canvas before, or these stitches, you can follow along as I stitch to see exactly how to count, start and stop the threads, and use a laying tool. Look for the Passionista playlist.
(Payment will be processed when order is ready to ship)
We also have a finishing kit to finish as shown, and a display stand! Also, this year we are offering a subscription service – if you’d like more info about the subscription service drop us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out the blog post from Jan. 8.
About this year’s Kit of the Month:
- Each design is a counted canvas needlepoint design
- Each design will include a large motif, a background stitch and a border stitch, in a 4″ x 4″ finished size
- Finishing instructions are included with the stitching instructions
- Purchase only the projects you want – each kit will be available through the year, not just in the month released
- New projects will release close to the first of every month
- Projects are complete kits – canvas, threads, embellishments, needles (stretcher bars not included but you’ll need the same size for each project, 2 pairs of 8″ stretcher bars)
- Each project is a stand alone project