I don’t know if you’ve heard, but Oklahoma is very windy! In fact, it’s noted in our state song, Oklahoma!, “where the wind comes sweeping down the plain”. It’s very seldom NOT windy, so let’s celebrate the wind with a charming pinwheel!
Our March Kit of the Month features a large Milanese pinwheel, surrounded by a lattice stitch with optional French knots for the background and Smyrna crosses for the border. It’s a very colorful design, with turquoise and gold for the Milanese pinwheel, green for the lattice stitches, and pink for the border and French knots.
The kit includes an 8″ x 8″ square of 18 ct. mono deluxe white canvas with taped edges, Rainbow Gallery Neon Rays in N65 Aqua and N79 Bright Gold, Treenway Silks Harmony silk floss in 319 Leapfrog and Zen Shin in 959 Fireweed, and a size 22 tapestry needle. Of course there are complete instructions included.
Check out our step by step videos on our YouTube channel! Even if you’ve never stitched counted canvas before, or these stitches, you can follow along as I stitch to see exactly how to count, start and stop the threads, and use a laying tool. Look for the Let The Wind Blow! playlist.
(Payment will be processed when order is ready to ship)
We also have a finishing kit to finish as shown, and a display stand! It’s not too late to sign up for the subscription service – if you’d like more info about the subscription service drop us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out the blog post from Jan. 8.
About this year’s Kit of the Month:
- Each design is a counted canvas needlepoint design
- Each design will include a large motif, a background stitch and a border stitch, in a 4″ x 4″ finished size
- Finishing instructions are included with the stitching instructions
- Purchase only the projects you want – each kit will be available through the year, not just in the month released
- New projects will release close to the first of every month
- Projects are complete kits – canvas, threads, embellishments, needles (stretcher bars not included but you’ll need the same size for each project, 2 pairs of 8″ stretcher bars)
- Each project is a stand alone project