Lovely soft spring colors are appearing everywhere! My favorites are azaleas and hydrangeas. I especially love hydrangeas, in all colorations, but I’m partial to the blue.
Our May Kit of the Month picks up on these soft spring colors of pink and blue, with a hint of lavender, in our May Bouquet project. The large motif is a walneto, with two sizes of reverse scotch stitch background and a Chinese rice stitch border.
The kit includes an 8″ x 8″ square of mono deluxe French blue 18 ct. canvas with taped edges, ThreadworX in three textures, and a size 22 tapestry needle. The kit has ThreadworX #8 pearl cotton 81125 Arboretum, 811351 Cotton Candy, and 81015 Ice Blue; ThreadworX #8 metallic braid 71015 Ice Blue, and ThreadworX cotton floss 01015 Ice Blue, 01080 Morning Glories and 011351 Cotton Candy.
If you’ve tried walnetos before and find them intimidating, I hope you’ll discover the logic and beauty of this stitch. We’ve got step by step instructions in the leaflet, and have created a stitch video demonstration, available on our YouTube channel, DebBee’s Designs, in the May Bouquet playlist.
(Payment will be processed when order is ready to ship.)
We also have a finishing kit and a display stand, so you can show off your finished project quickly.
About this year’s Kit of the Month:
- Each design is a counted canvas needlepoint design
- Each design will include a large motif, a background stitch and a border stitch, in a 4″ x 4″ finished size
- Finishing instructions are included with the stitching instructions
- Purchase only the projects you want – each kit will be available through the year, not just in the month released
- New projects will release close to the first of every month
- Projects are complete kits – canvas, threads, embellishments, needles (stretcher bars not included but you’ll need the same size for each project, 2 pairs of 8″ stretcher bars)
- Each project is a stand alone project
And if you’ve read this far, a heads up – we are making a few changes to the design aspect of the Kit of Month starting next month! We think you’ll like it!