I love birthday cake – the more frosting roses the better! Yes, I’m one of those weirdos that loves the icing more than the cake. For our September Kit of the Month, I’m giving myself a birthday cake, and you can celebrate with me!
My birthday is in September, and my husband celebrates his four days after mine. We usually enjoy celebrating together. Sometimes it’s a fancy dinner out, sometimes just saying Happy Birthday as we go about the business of the day, and once we celebrated on a cruise – very special.
Celebrate with me this year by stitching your own birthday cake! I went all out with a two-tier birthday cake, with lots of roses between the tiers.
The cake sits on a blue plate. The bottom tier is stitched with an ombred scallop stitch, and the top tier is balloon satin stitch. The roses are free form roses stitched with Frosty Rays, and accented with green french knots. The bottom edge of the cake features couched Frosty Rays to form scallops. Finish all of it with 3D printed balloons – what’s a birthday celebration without balloons!
Our September kit features a line drawn canvas with taped edges, 8″ x 8″ rose blush 18 ct. mono deluxe; full cards of Rainbow Gallery Mandarin Floss M802 White, M804 Medium Raspberry, M824 Dark Wedgewood, and M861 Lite Christmas Green, and Frosty Rays Y112 Fuchsia Pearl; size 18 and 22 tapestry needles, and 3D printed balloons.
About this year’s Kit of the Month:
- Each design is a counted canvas needlepoint design, some with line drawn canvas
- Each design finishes to a 4″ x 4″ square
- Finishing instructions are included with the stitching instructions
- Purchase only the projects you want – each kit will be available through the year, not just in the month released
- New projects release close to the first of every month
- Projects are complete kits – canvas, threads, embellishments, needles (stretcher bars not included but you’ll need the same size for each project, 2 pairs of 8″ stretcher bars)
- Each project is a stand alone project