Mostly Amadeus is the first of a series of designs based on a single stitch. In this project we’ll explore all sizes and shapes of Amadeus stitches.
Amadeus stitches are twisty stitches most commonly associated with Jean Hilton. In Mostly Amadeus, we’ll stitch round, triangles, arrow, dagger, and heart shaped Amadeus stitches, with additional stitches to round out the design.
What will you learn?
- Learn how to start and stop threads using pin stitches and loop starts, useful for every stitching project
- Emphasis is on developing a natural stitching rhythm, so you can stitch with more ease and enjoyment
- Lots of interaction with Debbie and other students in the class – we learn from each other!
Choose from four different color ways for this project, or opt for chart only and devise your own color scheme. We have kits for Bold (orange, purple and turquoise on Aquamarina canvas); Grayscale (gray with red accents on Pewter canvas); Monochromatic (beiges to browns on Eggshell canvas), or Pastel (pale blues, yellow, pinks and lavenders on Antique Blue canvas).
- 18 ct. mono deluxe canvas with taped edges, cut size 10″ x 18″
- DMC #8 or Presencia #8 pearl cotton
- DMC cotton flosses
- DMC Satin Floss
- Kreinik #8 Braids
- Rainbow Gallery Silk Lame’ Braid
- Size 22 tapestry needles
Students will need 1 pair of 10″ and 1 pair of 18″ stretcher bars, tacks or staples, usual stitching supplies, laying tool.
Design size is 4 1/4″ x 12″, 76 stitches x 216 stitches.
Recommended for stitchers very comfortable with counting and reading charts; if you’re new to counted canvas don’t worry – we’ll help every step of the way!
Our online class includes:
- Weekly Zoom sessions on Thursday mornings at 10 a.m. US Central time zone; Zoom sessions are a bonus and not essential for taking the class. All Zoom sessions will be recorded and added to a private showcase for class members only.
- Weekly lessons posted with diagrams
- Video stitch demonstrations
Weekly lessons and Zoom sessions will provide additional information, and face-to-face time allows the opportunity to ask questions. Printed charts and instructions come with your kit.
Important class dates for Mostly Amadeus:
- Registration open now and continues until start of class
- Anticipated class start date is May 19, depending on timely shipment of supplies from the various manufacturers
- Class is scheduled to conclude after 7 sessions, approximately June 30
- Kits will be sent hopefully the first week of May, depending on when we receive the supplies
Options for Mostly Amadeus:
- Full kit – includes canvas, all threads, needles, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $172.50 (anticipated shipping first week of May)
- Chart with canvas – includes canvas, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $112.50 (should ship immediately)
- Chart only – includes instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $97.50 (ships immediately)
- Audit – for those who have previously taken Mostly Amadeus in another venue, nothing will be sent; includes access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation – $40
Supplies have been ordered for a limited number of kits, so order promptly to insure your choice of kit for the class!