Herringbone stitches have decorated textiles for centuries, and Mostly Herringbone adds a modern twist to this ancient stitch. Simple in execution, infinitely variable, herringbone stitches can be layered, worked with various textures of threads, and interesting in its many iterations.
What will you learn?
- Learn how to start and stop threads using pin stitches and loop starts, useful for every stitching project
- Emphasis is on developing a natural stitching rhythm, so you can stitch with more ease and enjoyment
- Lots of interaction with Debbie and other students in the class – we learn from each other!
Choose from one of four colorways:
- Bold – orange, turquoise and purple threads on aquamarine canvas
- Grayscale – shades of gray with red accents on pewter canvas
- Monochromatic – shades of beige to brown on eggshell canvas
- Pastel – pale shades of blue, pink, yellow and lavender on antique blue canvas
Mostly Herringbone is a companion to Mostly Amadeus, Mostly Crescents, Fandango, Mostly Jessicas and
Mostly Walnetos. The project is 4 ¼” x 12”, 76 x 216 stitches on 18 ct. mono canvas.
- 18 ct. mono deluxe canvas with taped edges, cut size 10″ x 18″
- DMC #8 pearl cotton
- DMC cotton flosses
- Kreinik #8 Braids
- Rainbow Gallery Silk Lame’ Braids
- Size 22 tapestry needles
Students will need 1 pair of 10″ and 1 pair of 18″ stretcher bars, tacks or staples, usual stitching supplies, laying tool.
Recommended for stitchers very comfortable with counting and reading charts; if you’re new to counted canvas don’t worry – we’ll help every step of the way!
Our online class includes:
- Weekly Zoom sessions on Tuesday mornings at 10 a.m. US Central time zone; Zoom sessions are a bonus and not essential for taking the class. All Zoom sessions will be recorded and added to a private showcase for class members only.
- Weekly lessons posted with diagrams
- Video stitch demonstrations
Weekly lessons and Zoom sessions will provide additional information, and face-to-face time allows the opportunity to ask questions. Printed charts and instructions come with your kit.
Important class dates for Mostly Herringbone:
- Registration open now and continues until November 13, 2023
- Anticipated class start date is the week of January 2, 2024, depending on timely shipment of supplies from the various manufacturers
- Class is scheduled to conclude after 6 sessions, approximately the week of February 6, 2024
- Kits will be sent hopefully the first week of December, depending on when we receive the supplies
Options for Mostly Herringbone:
- Full kit – includes canvas, all threads, needles, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $190 (anticipated shipping first week of December
- Chart with canvas – includes canvas, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $121 (should ship immediately) Specify Aquamarina, Pewter, Eggshell or Antique Blue canvas.
- Chart only – includes instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $104 (ships immediately)
- Audit – for those who have previously taken Mostly Herringbone in another venue, nothing will be sent; includes access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation – $60
Please add only the class to your cart at this time. If you want to order additional charts/kits/products from DebBee’s Designs, please place a separate order so we can ship those things immediately.