Do walnetos strike fear into your stitching heart? They needn’t! This fabulous stitch can be
a real show-stopper for your projects, once you have mastered it!
Walnetos are a twisty stitch developed by Jean Hilton, and can be a variety of different
sizes and shapes.
For Mostly Walnetos, we’ll stitch square and diamond shaped walnetos, walnetos over
walnetos, big ones, little ones, medium sized ones – a thorough examination of
walnetos! We complete the design with Smyrnas, leviathan, Rhodes, rice, fern, tied
waffles, Milanese pinwheel and round Rhodes.
What will you learn?
- Learn how to start and stop threads using pin stitches and loop starts, useful for every stitching project
- Emphasis is on developing a natural stitching rhythm, so you can stitch with more ease and enjoyment
- Lots of interaction with Debbie and other students in the class – we learn from each other!
Choose from four different color ways for this project, or opt for chart only and devise your own color scheme. We have kits for Bold (orange, purple and turquoise on Aquamarina canvas); Grayscale (gray with red accents on Pewter canvas); Monochromatic (beiges to browns on Eggshell canvas), or Pastel (pale blues, yellow, pinks and lavenders on Antique Blue canvas).
- 18 ct. mono deluxe canvas with taped edges, cut size 10″ x 18″
- DMC #8 or Presencia #8 pearl cotton
- DMC cotton flosses
- Kreinik #8 Braids
- Size 22 tapestry needles
Students will need 1 pair of 10″ and 1 pair of 18″ stretcher bars, tacks or staples, usual stitching supplies, laying tool.
Design size is 4 1/4″ x 12″, 76 stitches x 216 stitches.
Recommended for stitchers very comfortable with counting and reading charts; if you’re new to counted canvas don’t worry – we’ll help every step of the way!
Our online class includes:
- Weekly Zoom sessions on Thursday mornings at 10 a.m. US Central time zone; Zoom sessions are a bonus and not essential for taking the class. All Zoom sessions will be recorded and added to a private showcase for class members only.
- Weekly lessons posted with diagrams
- Video stitch demonstrations
Weekly lessons and Zoom sessions will provide additional information, and face-to-face time allows the opportunity to ask questions. Printed charts and instructions come with your kit.
Important class dates for Mostly Walnetos:
- Registration open now and continues until November 28, 2022
- Anticipated class start date is the week of January 16, 2023, depending on timely shipment of supplies from the various manufacturers
- Class is scheduled to conclude after 6 sessions, approximately the week of February 28, 2023
- Kits will be sent hopefully the first week of January, depending on when we receive the supplies
Options for Mostly Walnetos:
- Full kit – includes canvas, all threads, needles, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $190 (anticipated shipping first week of January)
- Chart with canvas – includes canvas, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $121 (should ship immediately) Specify Aquamarina, Pewter, Eggshell or Antique Blue canvas.
- Chart only – includes instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $104 (ships immediately)
- Audit – for those who have previously taken Mostly Walnetos in another venue, nothing will be sent; includes access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation – $60
Please add only the class to your cart at this time. If you want to order additional charts/kits/products from DebBee’s Designs, please place a separate order so we can ship those things immediately.
If you have addition questions about this class, email email@example.com. If you have questions about Shining Needle Society, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
There are no reviews yet.