A scarecrow stands guard over the crops all season but at harvest time it’s really important! No longer new, but still working hard to keep the ravagers away from the bounty. But the crows are used to it by now, and boldly approach to steal what they can.
Our scarecrow is wearing a hat, a gingham shirt and patched overalls, but it’s starting to lose a little its stuffing. It stands guard in a field of wheat sheaves, but the crows are bold enough to perch on his shoulder and fly in to take what they need.
I used all Presencia cotton flosses – 0001 White, 1906 Cranberry, 3151 Gray Blue, 7386 Light Hazelnut Brown, 7567 Medium Orange Spice and 8083 Dark Coffee Brown. The kit contains full skeins of each floss, a line drawn 8″ x 8″ eggshell 18 ct. canvas, a needle, and the crow embellishments. Stretcher bars and tacks not included.
I stitched the border with tied sheaf stitch, the hat with diagonal mosaic, the face and scarecrow supports with satin stitch, the shirt with gingham stitch, and the overalls with brighton stitch. Straight stitches form the patches, French knots for the eyes and nose, and backstitch defines the details. The straw is a mock turkey work stitch, and can be added to for more, or eliminated if desired.
Complete instructions include extensive diagrams and stitching tips.
Kit cost is $32.25 plus $7.75 for Priority Mail postage!
(Payment will be processed when order is ready to ship)
About Kit of the Month:
DebBee’s Designs Kit of the Month 2021!
- Each project is a stand alone project, although they would probably be great in a group!
- Each project is the same size, about 4″ x 4″ when stitched
- Purchase only the projects you want – each kit will be available throughout the year, not just in the month released
- New projects release on the first of every month
- Projects are complete kits – canvas, all threads, embellishments, needles (stretcher bars not included, but you’ll need the same size for each project, 2 pairs of 8″ bars)
- Projects will include different techniques each month, sometimes a line drawn canvas, sometimes embellishments, each project will be different!
There are no reviews yet.