Create a gleaming galaxy of stars against a dark blue sky! Starstruck features a plethora of star stitches, on 18 ct. mono deluxe Antique Blue canvas.
What will you learn?
- The best ways to anchor threads, both beginning and ending, using pin stitches and loop starts, useful in any stitching project
- Emphasis is on the stitch structure, allowing you to stitch more quickly, with greater ease and enjoyment
- Lots of interaction with Debbie and other class members – we learn from each other!
Which star stitches are included? Satin stitch star, waffle star, Amadeus star, 8 pointed star two different ways (inside out and outside in, different looks and you’ll be able to see the difference), 12 pointed, 16 pointed and 24 pointed stars, slanting stars, tied windmill stars and 5 pointed stars, in a variety of textures!
Several textures of threads add visual interest and different looks to the stars, and include Rainbow Gallery Entice, Glisten, Mandarin Floss, Neon Rays, Neon Rays Plus, Petite Frosty Rays, Petite Silk Lame’ Braid, Silk Lame’ Braid, Sparkle! Braid, and Sparkle Rays; Kreinik #4, #8 and #16 braids; and DMC Floche and Satin Floss.
Design size is about 8″ x 8″, and canvas will be cut 14″ x 14″.
- 18 ct. mono deluxe Antique Blue canvas with taped edges, cut 14″ x 14″
- All Rainbow Gallery, Kreinik and DMC threads
- Size 22 tapestry needles
Students will need 2 pairs of 14″ stretcher bars, tacks or staples, usual stitching supplies and laying tool. Lighting and magnification strongly encouraged for working on dark blue canvas!
Stitchers should be comfortable with reading charts and counting; if you’re new to counted canvas we’ll help you every step of the way!
Our online class includes:
- Weekly Zoom sessions on Tuesday mornings at 10 a.m. US Central time zone; Zoom sessions are a bonus and not essential for taking the class. All Zoom sessions will be recorded and added to a private showcase for class members only.
- Weekly lessons posted with diagrams
- Video stitch demonstrations, about 26 videos!
Weekly lessons and Zoom sessions will provide additional information, and face-to-face time allows the opportunity to ask questions. Printed charts and instructions come with your kit.
Important class dates for Starstruck:
- Registration open now and continues until April 17, 2023
- Anticipated class start date is the week of July 11, 2023, depending on timely shipment of supplies from the various manufacturers
- Class is scheduled to conclude after 6 sessions, approximately the week of August 22, 2023 (Note: there will be a week break for ANG National Seminar)
- Kits will be sent hopefully the last week of June, depending on when we receive the supplies
Only one color way is available, as shown above. But you have other options for the class, described below.
- Full kit – includes canvas, all threads, needles, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $220 (anticipated shipping first week of June)
- Chart with canvas – includes canvas, instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $131 (should ship immediately) Only Antique Blue canvas available.
- Chart only – includes instruction book; access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation; all class fees and postage – $114 (ships immediately)
- Audit – for those who have previously taken Starstruck in another venue, nothing will be sent; includes access to videos and Zoom sessions, class participation – $60
Please add only the class to your cart at this time, if ordering a complete kit. If you want to order additional charts/kits/products from DebBee’s Designs, please place a separate order so we can ship those things immediately.