Tribute is an homage to my favorite designer, Jean Hilton, and uses lots of stitches she developed. When I began stitching the model, it struck me that it looked like a formal garden, with the greens, purples and pinks found in a summer garden. The soft colors are surrounded by a cream neutral, and the outside border resembles one of my favorite frame moldings, with loads of beads.
Stitches include waffles, walnetos, Rhodes diamonds, oblong Jessicas, crescent pairs, stacked herringbone, 12 pointed stars, triangle Amadeus, open Amadeus, Amadeus, layered Jessicas, Val’s stitch, herringbone, Rhodes squares, crosses over 4 and loads of beads.
What will you learn?
- Learn how to start and stop threads using pin stitches and loop starts, useful for every stitching project
- Emphasis is on developing a natural stitching rhythm, so you can stitch with more ease and enjoyment
- Approximately 15 counted canvas stitches
Tribute is about 10″ x 10″ on 18 ct. Santa Fe Sage mono deluxe canvas, 180 x 180 stitches. For a smaller project omit the outer borders of beads.
- Full kit in selected color way – $170, includes all threads, beads, needle, canvas, instructions; ships immediately
- Instructions with canvas – $125, includes instructions and Santa Fe Sage canvas; ships immediately
- Instructions only – $105; ships immediately
- Audit – $40 (for those who have taken the class previously and would like encouragement to finish, no materials will be sent)
Our online class includes:
- Weekly Zoom sessions on Thursday mornings at 10 a.m. US Central time zone; Zoom sessions are a bonus and not essential for taking the class. All Zoom sessions will be recorded and added to a private showcase for class members only.
- Weekly lessons posted with diagrams in a dedicated groups.io classroom
- Video stitch demonstrations
Weekly lessons and Zoom sessions will provide additional information, and face-to-face time allows the opportunity to ask questions. Printed charts and instructions come with your kit.
A limited number of kits are available, so place your orders quickly!