A little setback


I’m continuing to work on Glitz & Glamour Citrine and have made some progress. I decided to add in Petite Very Velvet to the other threads, but haven’t figured out where to use it yet. I’ve added waffle stitches, sprat’s heads and Milanese so far, with some other fun stitches yet to go.

Last night as I was working away, I ran in to a little setback. I’m working on the area between the Milanese sections. I decided to use two threads for the stitch I have in mind, but when I started stitching with them I didn’t like them so had to rip that out, and choose two others. Still not convinced I’ll use two threads there, but it’s looking likely.

The biggest problem, though, is with the stitch. When I design, I work everything out in my charting software BEFORE I begin stitching. It usually saves a lot of ripping later on. But sometimes, I can’t remember what I was going to do! It made perfect sense when I was charting everything. However, those black lines on my chart don’t offer any clues to what I was thinking when I laid everything out.

So I started working things out last night. I started one way, but the charting didn’t work the way I thought it would. I started over, and again, what I thought would be perfect turned out to not work at all.

I know some stitchers who run into problems during a stitching session, and put everything away until they can approach the problem more clearly. That’s what I did last night. Today I’ll have a fresher outlook and can hopefully solve this problem, because I’m anxious to be done with yellow!

Shopping Cart