Surprise – in August it’s hot! The sun seems to be brighter and hotter everyday while we wait for the cooler temperatures of fall. Since we can’t change the weather, we might as well enjoy it! You know we’ll be complaining during the gray days of winter!
Our August Kit of the Month shows a sunflower turning toward the sun’s rays, reflecting back the sun’s heat with a burst of bright yellow color. Sunflowers also produce edible seeds, for humans and animals alike!
The kit contains an 8″ x 8″ square of Sage Green mono deluxe 18 ct. canvas with taped edges; full skeins of Presencia 6 strand cotton floss in 1225 Dark Lemon, 1227 Medium Gold, 1232 Deep Canary and 8075 Medium Brown; a full skein of EdMar Co. Boucle’ 120 Chocolate, and a size 22 tapestry needle.
The sun is diagonal satin stitch, with straight stitch rays. The sunflower’s center is couched boucle’, with alternating diagonal mosaic defining the petals. This is a quick stitch, to enjoy inside while staying out of the heat, or even poolside!
About this year’s Kit of the Month:
- Each design is a counted canvas needlepoint design, some with line drawn canvas
- Each design finishes to a 4″ x 4″ square
- Finishing instructions are included with the stitching instructions
- Purchase only the projects you want – each kit will be available through the year, not just in the month released
- New projects release close to the first of every month
- Projects are complete kits – canvas, threads, embellishments, needles (stretcher bars not included but you’ll need the same size for each project, 2 pairs of 8″ stretcher bars)
- Each project is a stand alone project