Sonata progress continued

With the Amadeus stitches sorted out, I worked on some background stitches.

Sonata Bargello

I really loved the Bargello as I was stitching it, and was very tempted to leave parts of the pattern unstitched since I loved the shape it was creating. But I went ahead and evened it out. I think I’ll make the suggestion when I teach it that parts of it can be left unstitched if the students like the shapes as much as I did.

I also added some Victorian step pattern between the Amadeus stitches. This is one of my favorite background stitches, because it conveys movement with straight stitches. I used floss and satin floss for the background, to add texture without adding too much color.

It’s coming along, the end is in sight!

Shopping Cart